CHICAGO, IL – Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team has brokered 53 apartment buildings throughout Chicago’s south and west side neighborhoods so far this year. According to transaction data from CoStar, Partners Noah Birk and Aaron Sklar are the only brokers in Chicago to have sold more than 50 buildings in a year. In 2017, Partner Noah Birk set a record with 53 closings, and this year he and Sklar are on pace to sell more than 70 multifamily buildings.
“Investors from around the world are making a strong push to get into the multifamily market on the South and West sides of Chicago” said Noah Birk, Partner at Kiser Group. “Demand is drastically outpacing supply right now, which has lead to a record number of transactions at record prices.”
“We’ve seen an influx in east coast investors seeking high cap rate deals in addition to the usual parties that are active throughout Chicago’s south and west sides,” said Aaron Sklar, Partner at Kiser Group. “Readily available capital and low-interest rates paired with appreciating multifamily assets created high demand in our market areas.”
Recent Transactions Includes:
- 8201 S. Michigan Ave. a 30-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $2,500,000.
- 8222 S. King Dr., a 21-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,029,000.
- 539 E. 46th Pl., a seven-unit multifamily property in the Grand Boulevard neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,025,000.
- 5000 W. Monroe, a 15-unit multifamily property in the South Austin neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,020,000.
- 8039 S. King, a 17-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $833,000.
- 6836 S. East End, a six-unit multifamily property in the Jackson Park neighborhood of Chicago sold for $725,000.
- 8001 S. Dobson, a 15-unit multifamily property in the East Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $725,000.
- 6600 S. Laflin, a 10-unit multifamily property in the West Englewood neighborhood of Chicago sold for $670,000.
- 8810 S. Cottage Grove, an eight-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago that sold for $510,000.
Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team includes Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Austin Parker, Justin Turner, Michael Yangas and Ben Goldman.
About Kiser Group: Kiser Group is Chicagoland’s leading commercial real estate brokerage firm specializing in the disposition of multifamily, mixed-use and development parcels. Founded in 2005, Kiser Group works with diverse owners and investors to value, market and close commercial properties successfully. The firm’s unmatched combination of experience, market intelligence and track record makes Kiser Group the go-to broker for the Chicago metropolitan area.