Listen to our FREE On-Demand Digital Media Webcast interview with Nadeen Green, Senior Counsel for For Rent Media Solutions, in her exclusive interview with property management expert Ernest F. Oriente of PowerHour®. Nadeen’s 60-minute interview shares her deep understanding of the Fair Housing laws in the multifamily industry. This informative discussion explains how Fair Housing laws will continue to expand and will often be interpreted very broadly in the multifamily housing industry. Nadeen explains what you need to know to stay in compliance with those laws that assure equal housing opportunity.
Interview Discussion Highlights
1. What Fair Housing is and isn't and why it should matter to the CEO of every property management company.
2. Lions and tigers and bears, oh, my! Updated issues related to service animals, who cleans up behind them and how pet lovers are protected.
3. How limited English Proficiency issues come into play.
4. Boy Meets Girl. (Or Boy Meets Boy, or Girl Meets Boy, or Girl Meets Girl) Sexual harassment and why it is a Fair Housing issue.
5. MyFace and SpaceBook. Fair Housing issues related to social media.
Nadeen Green has been an attorney since 1979 and is the Senior Counsel for For Rent Media Solutions. For Rent Media Solutions, founded in 1982, is headquartered in Norfolk, Va., and provides multifamily housing solutions for apartment seekers, apartment managers and owners through integrated marketing techniques, including print, multimedia and Internet advertising platforms. Nadeen has taught Fair Housing law to the multifamily housing industry since the Fair Housing Amendments Act went into effect in 1989. Nadeen’s many programs (over 950) have been presented to apartment management companies, state and local apartment associations nationwide. Nadeen has been a guest speaker numerous times for the National Apartment Association and Multi-Housing World annual conferences. Nadeen’s reader-friendly articles on Fair Housing appear regularly in various print and online industry publications.